Learn about Clove Essential Oil
- Place one drop of Clove in two ounces of water and gargle for a soothing effect.
- Helps to clean the teeth and gums while promoting fresh breath.
- Combine with dōTERRA Hand and Body Lotion for a warming massage.
- During your nightly routine, add one drop of clove to your toothbrush before applying toothpaste.
- After your six month cleaning at the dentist, apply one drop Clove to teeth and gums.
- Clove essential oil contains powerful antioxidant properties.*
- During the Fall and Winter season, diffuse three drops Clove, two drops Cinnamon, and one drop Wild Orange for an invigorating scent.
- Place two to three drops in a dōTERRA Veggie Cap and take internally to support cardiovascular health.*
- Use diluted on gums for a soothing effect.
- Naturally repels insects.
Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
Can be used 1:1 in carrier oil children or sensitive skin.
Can rub directly on the gums surrounding an infected tooth.
Can place on tongue with finger to remove desire to smoke, or on back of tongue to fight against tickling cough.
Can be put into a diffuser to diffuse into the air if done cautiously. May irritate nasal membranes.
Can put a drop under the tongue, or take in capsules.
Can use as flavoring in cooking.
***Use all oils with caution topically when using Dermal medications/drug patches. Can enhance absorption of drug & increase blood plasma levels.
***If taking anticoagulants, intensifies blood thinning when used with oil internally by inhibiting platelet adhesion.
***If oil taken internally with Pethidine (opioid analgesic) Increase of serotonin, which could cause agitation, delirium, headache, convulsions, and/or hyperthermia.
*** If oil taken internally with Monoamine oxidase inhibiting antidepressants (including isocarboxazid, moclobemide, phenelzine, selegiline, tranylcypromine) oil inhibits monoamine oxidase enzymes, which could affect blood pressure and cause tremors or confusion.
***If oil taken internally with Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (including citalopram escitalopram, fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline) oil increases serotonin levels, which could cause vomiting, nausea, increased body temperature, hallucinations, etc.
*** If oil taken internally with Indirect sympathomimetic drugs (including ephedrine, amphetamine) oil use cause possible hypertension, increased heart rate and arrhythmias.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.